Wednesday, July 06, 2005

talkie talk talk

da weather? nah.

shyness is tricky. i'm shy. I'm not comfy aropund new people, or new situations. yet I know it's vital to my growth as a human being to be around them. but i also believe that being around people that are not supportive or willing to engage with me can be unhealthy for me, too. it's a balancing act. how do you figure out who to hang out with? do you stick to the people you know, and like? if so, do you risk becoming like the safe people? the ones who hang out with friends from high school well into their thirties, talking about shit that went down in 1989? Or do you branch out, meet new people, with all the uncertainty and lack of trust that goes along with it? it's a dance i tell you, a DANCE!

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Mozza said...

Meeting new people is only difficult the first time around. From the second time you meet them, they're not threatening anymore - even though they're rarely friends by then. Since I realised that "new people" won't be "new" more than once, I find it easier to meet with them. I tell myself that the awkward feeling won't last anyway.

And I also have a problem with repeating the same old jokes with high school friends, so that helps...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home